Some of the Most Significant Employment Law Advances of 2010 have been…
Important updates that we have provided throughout 2010 included…
- Adequate Information Regarding Redundancy Scores must be supplied to Employees. Your employees might be able to make an unfair dismissal claim if you do not supply enough information.
- Clarification of when a Dismissal Occurs in regards to dismissal by letter.
- As of 1 October certain Pre-employment Health Questions could not be asked by employers
- The Default Retirement Age is to be Abolished in 2011
- In April 2011 mothers will be able to Transfer some of their Maternity Leave to the Father. Allowing the father to take "Additional Paternity Leave".
- We saw the First Provisions of the Equality Act Implemented in October 2010.
- From April this year employees in organisations with more than 250 staff, employees are allowed to Request Time off for Training.
- Fit Notes have replaced Sick Notes which allow employees to get back to work doing lighter work until they are fully fit.
- Changes to Compensation Limits applied from February 2010, please view the blog post for all applicable changes.
Just Employment Law wishes you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!