The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (Amendment) Regulations 2014 have now been published, with the majority of the changes due to be introduced on 31 January 2014.
The main changes that will be introduced by the 2014 Regulations are as follows:
- Changes to the definition of ‘service provision change’ – read more
- Protection against dismissal – read more
- Changes to terms and conditions – read more
- Collective agreements – read more
- Pre-transfer consultation – read more
- Employee liability information – read more
- Exception relating to micro businesses – read more
There remains some concern amongst commentators about whether all of these changes are compatible with European law, so there is no reason to believe that TUPE will be any less of a source of litigation than it is presently. Many of the changes do have the virtue of common sense, and will hopefully benefit both employees and employers in (admittedly) small ways.