The Department for Work & Pensions has published guidance for employers to help them recruit and support disabled people in work.
The guidance sets out the legal framework in this area together with practical tips and examples. It also signposts to other agencies and information resources. It is both a useful introduction and reference document.
The sections are:
- Why recruit disabled people?
- Help employing disabled people
- Disability law
- How to recruit disabled people
- Advice on specific conditions
- Guidance from other organisations
You can access the guidance here.
You can read our expert comments on this here.